People choose to volunteer for a variety of reasons. For some it offers the chance to give something back to the community or make a difference to the people around them. For others it provides an opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge. Regardless of the motivation, what unites them all is that they find it both challenging and rewarding.
– gaining new skills or developing existing ones
– the chance to try out something new
– doing something useful and rewarding
– gaining a sense of achievement
– putting something back into the community
– developing your personal skills and confidence